Thursday 5 April 2007

Masturbation

Well, Im going to start by saying that when it came to this subject I thought about passing over it in this blog because I was unsure of what to say on the subject. But then that gave me something to say- it shows that I probably, like many other people have a problem talking about the topic. Maybe 'problem' is the wrong word and perhaps I just mean that it is not something I usually like to talk about. So why is this? The answer is Im not really sure! Because as we discussed in the lecture- it is a perfectly natural thing and something that has happened for centuries! When I first thought about writing this entry I decided to write that 'masturbation was more of a male thing as they are more open about it than females.' Yes men talk about it more but that doesn't necessarily mean that women don't do it as much does it? But, there is one thing I don't understand- women talk about everything to each other; relationships, work, sex, family life etc. so why is masturbation such a taboo subject more so amongst women. The only real conclusion for this that I could come across is that it could just be that it is not considered 'lady-like' to talk about it. Although we have moved on alot from the 'olden days' this is a subject that has just stuck!

I have to say that masturbation is not something that I purposely talk about with friends, mostly because I don't really want to know what they get up to 'in that department' not because its wrong just because I don't want to know- its none of my business and they can please themselves. (so to speak!)

No comments: